- Book Signing to be held May 20th at Holistic Arts & Healing Festival in West Columbia, SC April 20, 2018 Posted in: Events, News - Ralph Jarrells will be available with signed copies of Ill Gotten Gain at the Holistic Arts & Healing Festival on May 20th from 11am to 5pm. The event will be held at Palms to Palmettos in West Columbia, South Carolina. Read More
- Red Headed Book Lover Blog Review April 20, 2018 Posted in: News, Reviews - Supernatural/paranormal novels are the best type of books if you are looking to get lost in a thrilling, terrifying world that will take you on an epic journey. I wished for a book just like this so when I discovered Ill Gotten Gain I was sold, I read the description as well as the preview, and I knew immediately that this book was going to become one of my favorites. As I have now finished… Read More
- The Recipe for Writing Historic and Religious Fiction March 13, 2018 Posted in: Blog, News - I always thought writing total fiction, out of your head, would be the easiest type of writing. No real facts for people to check. No real history for the writer to keep checking. Well, now I think I was wrong. Historic and religious fiction is easy. Historical accounts provide the skeleton, the support for a fictional story. Stories from the Bible and the Apocrypha are never complete, so they too provide the structure around which to build… Read More
- “Excellent work from a new author.” March 13, 2018 Posted in: News, Reviews - Thomas Edward Garrett III is a disgruntled, though relatively successful, antiques dealer based in Charleston, South Carolina, operating his established business from his large family home at 13 Church Street. He is a respected businessman; financially he is comfortable rather than rich, and enjoys a close relationship with the senator’s daughter, an attractive, vivacious woman who, in addition to attending to his emotional needs, also helps promote his business. He feels isolated, however, excluded from… Read More
- “The best book for those long winter nights…” October 13, 2017 Posted in: News, Reviews - The best book for those long winter nights, Ralph E Jarrells’ Ill Gotten Gain is a blend of religious and historical mystery, perfectly constructed to communicate a sense of fear and uncertainty. When a Charleston antiques dealer discovers an ancient relic, he is tempted to believe it’s a find that is of immeasurable value and that can bring him recognition and acceptance—it’s a box that holds the thirty pieces of silver given to Judas when… Read More
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing."